Jesus in History: An Approach to the Study of the Gospels, 3rd Edition
- Howard Clark Kee Bryn Mawr College
- ISBN-10: 0155011251 | ISBN-13: 9780155011250
- 320 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1977
- © 1996 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $111.25
This text is a study of the historical Jesus. Specific literary sources are referenced - Roman and Jewish historians, the individual gospels, and other early Christian sources.
1. The Rise of Historical Methods for Analysis of the Evidence Concerning Jesus.
2. Jesus in Extra-biblical Sources.
3. Jesus as God's Eschatological Messenger: The Q Document.
4. Jesus as the Culmination of Apocalyptic History: The Gospel of Mark.
5. Jesus in the History of the Church: The Gospel of Matthew.
6. Jesus and the Church in the History of the World: The Gospel of Luke.
7. A Theological History of Jesus: The Gospel of John.
8. The Gospels in the History of the Early Church.
Conclusion: Positive and Negative Results of the Search for Jesus in History.
Appendix: A Classification System for the Synoptic Tradition.