Choral Concepts: A Text for Conductors, 1st Edition
- Donald Neuen University of California, Los Angeles
- ISBN-10: 0028647491 | ISBN-13: 9780028647494
- 300 Pages
- © 2002 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $117.50
This text provides a concise and practical introduction to choral techniques and conducting for potential choral conductors. The author-America's premier choral conductor, mentored by Robert Shaw-brings 43 years of teaching and workshop experience to this text.
1. Artistic Excellence.
2. A Soloistic Approach to Ensemble Singing.
3. Breath Support and Control.
4. Developing a Great Singing Sound.
5. Individual Section Characteristics, Problems, and Solutions.
6. A Unified Approach to Vowel Formation.
7. Vocalizing and Warm-Ups.
8. Rhythmic Interest Forward Motion, and Phrasing.
9. English Diction, Dramatic Communication of Text, and Latin Pronunciation.
10. Score Preparation and Analysis.
11. Rehearsal Planning.
12. Rehearsal Techniques and Related Topics, Seating Arrangements, Auditioning, and Self-Evaluation.
13. Thoughts on Handels's Messiah.
"Passion and conviction. Professional experience of conductors."— Sandra M. Willetts, University of Alabama
"Passionate content."— David Saladino, University of Arkansas
"Organizational structure. Huge amount knowledge transmitted to the reader."— Richard Zielinski, Indiana State University