Speaking for Success, 2nd Edition
- Jean Miculka The University of Texas at El Paso
- ISBN-10: 0538443782 | ISBN-13: 9780538443784
- 288 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1999, 1993, 1988
- © 2007 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $56.00
SPEAKING FOR SUCCESS is a fresh new approach that gives tools needed to communicate with confidence. This text provides a thorough overview and hands-on practice in the speech communication skills essential for life and work success. Whether talking person to person, in a group, or in front of an audience, plenty of practical applications give hands on experience in: practicing effective speaking, handling conversations, participating in teams, and gaining confidence in delivering formal and informal presentations. SPEAKING FOR SUCCESS also helps students prepare for competitive events and includes the WinningEdge logo to identify those opportunities. Students can immediately apply and practice communications skills making class fun, dynamic, and one they'll always remember.
UNIT 1: COMMUNICATING ON ALL CHANNELS.
1. You Are a Coded Communication Channel.
2. Speech is an Oral Language Code.
3. Paralanguage Flavors the Verbal Message.
4. Nonverbal Codes Send Silent Messages.
UNIT 2: COMMUNICATING PERSON TO PERSON.
5. Building Confidence.
6. Developing Interpersonal Skills.
7. Interviewing Successfully.
UNIT 3: COMMUNICATING IN GROUPS.
8. Speaking in Groups.
9. Informative and Persuasive Speaking.
UNIT 4: COMMUNICATING WITH AN AUDIENCE.
10. Designing a Message for an Audience.
11. Researching and Organizing Ideas.
12. Polishing Your Presentation.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 0324672497 | ISBN-13: 9780324672497
List Price = $78.95 | CengageBrain Price = $78.95 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $58.75
This Bundle Includes:
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor's Resource CD includes lesson plans and PowerPoint Presentations for each chapter.
The Annotated Instructor's Edition previews the features that save you time and help students learn, and demonstrates how to integrate our powerful supplements into your curriculum. The answers to the questions from the text appear on an overprint of the student edition.