Part I: Psychological Research and Theory.
1. Culture, Values, and Social Thought.
2. The Use of Projective Tests in Non-Western Cultures.
3. How Universal Are Psychological Theories? Freud and Erickson in Global Perspective.
Part II: Sensation.
4. How Much Is Too Much Kayaking? A Case of Kayak-Angst.
Part III: Perception.
5. Depth Perception and Visual Illusions: Why Do Cultural Differences Exist?
Part IV: States of Consciousness.
6. Dreams from Culture to Culture.
7. Alcohol, Drugs, and Religion.
Part V: Conditioning and Learning.
8. The Ifaluk Ghosts of Micronesia.
Part VI: Memory and Information Processing.
9. How Children Think: An Issue of Content and Measurement.
10. Who's Afraid of a Test?
Part VII: Cognition and Language.
11. A World of Colors: Culture Influencing Linguistic Needs.
Part VIII: Motivation.
12. Was Hunger the Motivation for Aztec Cannibalism?
13. Aggression: The Nonviolent Semai.
14. Individualism vs. Collectivism: Differences Between Chinese and American Value Orientations.
Part IX: Emotion.
15. A Frown Is a Frown Is a Frown: Facial Expressions around the World.
16. Witch-Fear among the Aivilik Eskimo.
Part X: Development Through the Lifespan.
17. The Elderly in Native American Culture.
18. Female Initiation Rites.
Part XI: Intelligence and Individual Differences.
19. Race, Culture, and IQ.
Part XII: Personality.
20. Leadership Characteristics: The Case of Moral Reasoning in a Rural African Community.
21. Age Differences in Personality Traits Among the Highland Maya.
Part XIII: Health Psychology.
23. Coping Styles among German and Israeli Adolescents.
Part XIV: Abnormal Psychology.
24. The AIDS Pandemic: Addressing Perceptions and Behaviors for a Solution.
25. "Call me Crazy!" Psychiatric Labeling among the Eskimos and the Yoruba.
26. Depression and Culture.
27. Koro-A Culture-Bound Depersonalization Syndrome.
Part XV: Social Psychology.
28. Gimme a Break! Patterns of Cooperation Among Mexican-Americans, African-Americans, and Anglo-Americans.
29. Polyandry-Multiple Spouses in Tibet and Pahari, India.
30. Gender Stereotyping in Global Perspective.
Part XVI: Sexuality.
31. The Berdache: Gender-Mixing Among Northern Native Americans.
32. Cross-Cultural Differences in Sexual Jealousy.