Pocket-sized ON THE JOB: NURSING ASSISTING, 11E keeps vital patient care information at hand when it is needed most. Designed to help nursing assistants "survive and thrive" as they transition from classroom to workplace, this handy reference helps them quickly recall many key procedures, important safety and infection control guidelines, proper caregiver responses to situations, and details about common ailments. Whether in acute care, long-term care, or home health settings, nursing assistants at all stages of their careers trust ON THE JOB: NURING ASSISTING, 11E to boost their knowledge, skills, and confidence.
Table of Contents
PART I: TECHNICAL TALK.
1. Vital Signs.
3. Writing and Talking About It.
4. Getting Things Done.
PART II: INFECTION AND INFECTION CONTROL.
6. Infection Control.
PART III: COMMON DISORDERS AND RELATED CARE PROCEDURES.
7. When Something Goes Wrong.
8. Disorders of the Integumentary System.
9. Disorders of the Respiratory System.
10. Disorders of the Cardiovascular System.
11. Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System.
12. Disorders of the Endocrine System.
13. Disorders of the Nervous System.
14. Disorders of the Gastrointestinal System.
15. Disorders of the Urinary System.
16. Disorders of the Reproductive System.
PART IV: COMMUNICATION AND GENERAL PATIENT NEEDS.
18. Meeting Basic Human Needs.
19. General Comfort Measures.
21. Patient Safety.
22. Rest and Sleep.
PART V: HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.
24 Life Span Development.
25. Developing Cultural Sensitivity.
PART VI: SAFETY, MOBILITY, AND PATIENT CARE MEASURES.
26.Enviromental and Nursing Assistant Safety.
27. The Patient's Mobility: Transfer Skills.
28. The Patient's Mobility: Ambulation.
29. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge.
PART VII: Nutritional Needs.
31. Principles of Nutrition and Fluid Balance.
PART VIII: Special Care Procedures.
32. Warm and Cold Applications.
33. The Surgical Patient.
34. Caring for the Emotionally Stressed Patient.
35. Caring for the Bariatric Patient.
36. Death and Dying.
PART IX: OTHER HEALTH CARE SETTINGS.
37. Care of the Elderly and Chronically Ill.
38. Home Care.
39. Subacute Care.
PART X: EXPANDED ROLE OF THE NURSING ASSISTANT.
40. Rehabilitation and Restorative Services.
41. The Obstetrical Patient and Neonate.
42. The Pediatric Patient.
43. Caring for the Patient with Cancer.