In this insightful new text, Studer covers the role of the counselor, program development, professional issues, diversity issues and crisis intervention. The book provides actual case examples and dialogues, as well as concrete skills and interventions that can be used in the school setting.
Table of Contents
1. From Guidance Worker to Professional School Counselor.
2. The Professional School Counselor and Legal and Ethical Issues.
3. The Culturally Sensitive Professional School Counselor.
4. Students with Special Needs.
5. The Developmental, Comprehensive School Counselor Program.
6. The Professional School Counselor and Accountability.
7. The Professional School Counselor's Role in Career Development.
8. The Professional School Counselor's Role in Testing and Assessment.
9. The Internet's Influence on the School Counseling Profession.
10. Crisis Counseling and Critical Incident Management.
11. The School Counselor and Family Partnership.
12. Planning and Implementing Group Work in the Schools.
13. Expressive Arts in Counseling Children and Adolescents.
14. The Supervision Process and the Professional School Counselor as a Consultant.