Active Interviewing: Branding, Selling, and Presenting Yourself to Win Your Next Job, 1st Edition
- Eric P. Kramer
- ISBN-10: 1435459741 | ISBN-13: 9781435459748
- 320 Pages
- © 2012 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $15.00
Imagine walking into your next interview thoroughly prepared, relaxed, confident, and ready to present yourself as the best candidate for the job. Now picture yourself getting that much anticipated phone call from the hiring manager saying, "You have really impressed us, and we would love to have you join our company. When can you start?" ACTIVE INTERVIEWING: BRANDING, SELLING, AND PRESENTING YOURSELF TO WIN YOUR NEXT JOB is filled with information every job seeker needs to know to win interviews and land jobs in today's rapidly changing and hypercompetitive job market. Introducing a new approach called Active Interviewing, this book provides strategies and tools today's job candidate needs to ensure confidence and success in any job interview. Rather than focusing on the typical and well-worn interview suggestions, such as how to answer questions, what to wear, how to give a good handshake, and how to project a positive attitude, this book focuses on proven higher-level strategies that win interviews. These include actively using personal branding to convey a potent "hire me" message, using sales techniques, developing an interview presentation to powerfully showcase information the interviewer needs to know to make an informed hiring decision, and implementing an effective after-interview follow-through plan. This is the only interview book that demonstrates a powerfully persuasive interview approach and integrates with an online site where readers will find resources to prepare for interviews and develop an interview-winning presentation. ACTIVE INTERVIEWING: BRANDING, SELLING, AND PRESENTING YOURSELF TO WIN YOUR NEXT JOB gives job candidates a competitive edge for today's job market that helps them secure jobs they love and earn the money they deserve.
1. The Job Interview is Broken.
2. The Job Search as a Sales Process.
3. The Interview as a Sales Call.
4. Using Basic Sales Skills in Your Interviews.
5. The Interview Presentation: An Overview.
6. Creating Your Personal Brand.
7. Critical Job Requirements.
8. Link Your Background to the Critical Job Requirements.
9. Your Value-Adds and Significant Selling Proposition.
10. Tell Stories That Engage and Persuade.
11. Personal Success Factors.
12. Your Strategic Action Plan.
13. Why Hiring You Is a Good Idea.
14. Asking Powerful Questions.
15. Develop an Interview-Winning Presentation.
16. Present with Impact.
17. Advanced Interview Tips.
Appendix A: Job-Winning Interview Presentation Samples.
Appendix B: Networking Presentation Sample.
Appendix C: Content Libraries.
Appendix D: Interview Presentation Worksheet.