The Director's Companion, 1st Edition
- Mel Shapiro University of California, Los Angeles
- ISBN-10: 0155031031 | ISBN-13: 9780155031036
- 248 Pages
- © 1998 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $71.00
Characterized by its compact form and readable style, THE DIRECTOR'S COMPANION pays particular attention to the language of a play and the importance of the director's dialogue. A director cannot direct successfully without a firm grasp of the author's intent.
Part I: The Director as Storyteller.
1. Instincts and Story Telling.
2. Sustaining Dramatic Tension and Guidelines on Critiquing.
3. Extending our Story Range and Finding Visual Images.
Part II: The Director as Interpreter.
4. Reading the Text.
Part III: The Director as Collaborator.
6. The Team.
7. Working With Actors.
Part IV: The Director as Stager.
10. Staging (continued).
Part V: A Symposium.