Packed with professional information and cutting-edge technologies, SCENE DESIGN AND STAGE LIGHTING, Tenth Edition, remains the industry's most reliable resource for information on scenery, lighting, sound, and technology, and is now presented in a full-color edition (a first in the market). Emphasizing collaboration, the exciting new tenth edition has two new chapters on digital integration in scene design and lighting design (Chapters 12 and 13), a new section on looking for a job in Chapter 4, and mirrors the best of real-world practices. The book retains its strong emphasis on modern technology, with many changes and updates in the lighting design and sound design chapters. The text also includes insightful interviews with professional lighting and scenery designers and spotlights exampls of contemporary work. Reflecting current professional practice, SCENE DESIGN AND STAGE LIGHTING, Tenth Edition, offers in-depth coverage of a broad range of topics, making it the most detailed and comprehensive text available in the scenic, lighting, and sound design fields.
Table of Contents
Part I: CREATING THE DESIGN
2. Scene Design and the Theatre Space.
3. Scene Design as a Visual Art.
4. The Design Process.
5. Color in the Design.
6. Drafting the Design.
7. The Scene Shop, Tools, and Equipment.
8. Building the Scenery.
9. Painting Scenery.
10. Handling Scenery.
11. Stage Properties and the Designer.
Part II: DIGITAL AGE INTEGRATION: SCENERY AND LIGHTING.
12. Projection in the Theatre.
13. Automation in the Theatre.
Part III: STAGE LIGHTING.
14. Introduction to Stage Lighting.
16. Color and Light.
17. Lighting Fixtures.
18. Projected Effects, Practicals, and Special Effects.
19. Design: Choices and Process.
20. Design: The Light Plot, Paperwork, and Production.
21. Power Distribution and Control.
22. Stage Lighting and Electricity.
23. Light Sources.
24. Design Techniques.
25. Lighting Design as a Profession.
Part IV: SOUND FOR THE THEATER.
26. Sound and Music in the Theatre.
27. Sound Systems and Equipment.