Murder American Style, 1st Edition
- Alex Alvarez Northern Arizona University
- Ronet Bachman University of Delaware
- ISBN-10: 0534534708 | ISBN-13: 9780534534707
- 224 Pages
- © 2003 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $108.75
A part of the Wadsworth Contemporary Issues in Crime and Justice Series, this text is one of a few to exclusively address the core issues that relate to criminal homicide in the United States. MURDER AMERICAN STYLE provides an interdisciplinary theoretical approach to understanding the patterns and trends of lethal violence in America.
1. Through the Looking Glass: What We Know and What We Think We Know.
2. A Murderous Society: Patterns of Murder Past and Present.
3. Who We Kill and Why: Explaining Murder in America Today.
4. Deadly Interactions: Exploring the Dynamics of the Murder Process.
5. Dangerous Relations: Homicide in Families and Between Intimate Partners.
6. When There are Multiple Victims: Mass, Spree, and Serial Murders.
7. Tools of Death: Firearms, Drugs, and Alcohol.
8. Capital Punishment in America.
9. Where Do We Go From Here: Conclusions and Policy Recommendations.