Motor Behavior: From Learning to Performance, 1st Edition
- Darlene A. Kluka Grambling State University
- ISBN-10: 0895823861 | ISBN-13: 9780895823861
- 400 Pages
- © 1999 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $173.50
This text focuses on the acquisition and performance of motor skills drawing from the disciplines of psychology, vision science, motor learning, motor control, neurophysiology, muscular physiology and biomechanics.
I. MOTOR BEHAVIOR PERSPECTIVES.
1. The Field of Motor Behavior/Motor Control/Motor Learning Historical.
2. The Field of Motor Behavior Vocabulary and Classification Systems.
3. The Field of Motor Behavior Scientific Inquiry, Scientific Thinking, Experimentation Strategies.
4. The Field of Motor Behavior Behavioral Inquiry.
II. BIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES.
1. Nervous System and its Role in Motor Control.
2. Neuronal Involvement and the Brain.
3. Neural Control and the Muscular System.
III. LEARNING PERSPECTIVES.
1. Controlling Movement Open and Closed Loop; Vision Bilateral Transfer.
2. Memory Sensory, Long and Short Term, Encoding, Recoding, Retention, Retrieval, Forgetting, Neurophysiology Of.
3. Attention Arousal, Capacity Theories, Sensory Roles.
4. Information Processing Model, Reaction Time, Influencing Factors Of.
5. Perception Measurement Of, Proprioception, Exteroception.
6. Performance Perspectives.
7. Speed-Accuracy Tradeoff, Laws, Theories, Paradox.
8. Feedback Reward, Motivation, Processing Of.
9. Practice Scheduling Type Of, Spacing Of, Retention And Transfer Of, Composition Of.
IV. SOCIAL PERSPECTIVES.
1. Goal Setting Polarization, Orientation.
2. Males and Females Attribution, Facilitation, Identity.
3. Cultural Diversity Presentation and Development of Learning Environment.
1. Instruments Used in the Measurement of Motor Behavior from a Multidisciplinary Perspective.
2. Examples of Typical Motor Behavior Research Designs and Statistics Used.