Providing a solid managerial perspective, PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 6e draws from the authors' firsthand experiences and relationships with executives and practitioners worldwide to present the most current and complete coverage of today's supply management process. The text includes critical developments from the field, such as cases from emerging healthcare and service industries, procure-to-pay redesign, supply risk, innovation, sustainability, collaboration, and much more. Students examine key changes in supply management and the impact of the global economy and ongoing business uncertainty on continuous cost and value management across the supply chain. Numerous real-world cases and captivating examples help students gain contextual insights and knowledge into the strategies, processes, and practices of supply management. PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 6E equips future managers with a thorough understanding of the impact that purchasing and supply chain management have on the competitive success and profitability of today's organizations. It introduces students to the critical role of purchasing in the supply chain with a turnkey solution that can serve as a valuable professional reference well beyond the course.
Table of Contents
Part 1: INTRODUCTION.
1. Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
Part 2: PURCHASING OPERATIONS AND STRUCTURE.
2. The Purchasing Process.
3. Purchasing Policies and Procedures.
4. Supply Management Integration for Competitive Advantage.
5. Purchasing and Supply Management Organization.
Part 3: STRATEGIC SOURCING.
6. Supply Management and Commodity Strategy Development.
7. Supplier Evaluation and Selection.
8. Supplier Quality Management.
9. Supplier Management and Development: Creating a World-Class Supply Base.
10. Worldwide Sourcing.
Part 4: STRATEGIC SOURCING PROCESS.
11. Strategic Cost Management.
12. Purchasing and Supply Chain Analysis: Tools and Techniques.
13. Negotiation and Conflict Management.
14. Contract Management.
15. Purchasing Law and Ethics.
Part 5: CRITICAL SUPPLY CHAIN ELEMENTS.
16. Lean Supply Chain Management.
17. Purchasing Services.
18. Supply Chain Information Systems and Electronic Sourcing.
19. Performance Measurement and Evaluation.
Part 6: FUTURE DIRECTIONS.
20. Purchasing and Supply Strategy Trends.