This best selling book from our BASICS Series has been thoroughly updated with the latest information your students need to know. Computer Concepts BASICS, 4E covers the most important computer literacy topics including computer hardware and software, application skills, keyboarding skills, the Internet, Web page creation, computer ethics and more. Students will gain a strong understanding of the basics of computers, how technology is changing the world in which we live, and the importance of the Internet.
Table of Contents
UNIT 1: COMPUTER BASICS.
1. Understanding Computers and Computer Literacy.
2. The Internet and the World Wide Web.
3. The Internet and Research.
4. How a Computer Processes Data.
5. Input, Output, and Storage.
6. Operating Systems and Software.
UNIT 2: USING THE COMPUTER.
8. Windows and File Management
9. Email and Electronic Communication.
10. Word Processing.
11. Presentation Graphics.
14. Integration Feature
UNIT 3: COMPUTERS AND SOCIETY.
15. Evaluating Electronic Information.
16. Creating a Web Page.
17. Technology, the Workplace, and Society.