Completely up to date, the no-nonsense A SIMPLE GUIDE TO IBM SPSS: FOR VERSION 22.0, Thirteenth Edition, equips students with everything they need to know about the newest version of SPSS® for Windows® so they can effectively use the program in their statistics class. The guide's straightforward style frees students to concentrate on learning basic statistical concepts, while still developing familiarity with SPSS®. Its student-friendly, step-by-step instruction quickly gets students up to speed. In no time, they will confidently start using SPSS® to do homework problems and conduct statistical analyses for research projects.
Table of Contents
Part I: HOW TO USE SPSS FOR WINDOWS.
1. Introduction to SPSS for Windows.
2. Entering Data and Naming Variables.
3. Specifying Analyses Using the Point-and-Click Method.
4. Specifying Analyses Using the Syntax Method.
5. Viewing and Manipulating Output.
Part II: PROCEDURES.
6. Frequency Distributions and Descriptive Statistics.
7. One-Sample t-Test.
8. Independent-Samples t-Test.
9. Dependent-Samples (Matched-Pairs, Paired Samples).
10. One-Way Between-Groups (Independent Groups).
11. Two-Way Between-Groups (Independent Groups).
12. One-Way Within-Subjects (Repeated Measures) ANOVA.
13. Two-Way Mixed (Between-Within) ANOVA.
15. Simple Regression.
16. Multiple Regression.
17. Chi-Square Test of Independence.
Appendix A: Saving and Retrieving Files.
Appendix B: Data Transformations.