Updated with the latest practices, trends, and developments from the field, PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH, 4E guides students step by step through the management of all supply chain activity while addressing real-world concerns related to domestic and global supply chains. Comprehensive, one-of-a-kind coverage encompasses operations, purchasing, logistics, and process integration. The text follows the natural flow through the supply chain--resulting in one of the most balanced approaches available. Well-organized chapters demonstrate the practical applications of supply chain management in today's workplace, and intriguing SCM Profiles provide abundant real-world business examples. The fourth edition includes revised and expanded end-of-chapter questions and problems. In addition, the Instructor Companion Website includes 29 cases, the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint® slides, a test bank, and a YouTube video library.
Table of Contents
Part I: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: AN OVERVIEW.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management.
Part II: SUPPLY ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
2. Purchasing Management.
3. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationship.
4. Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing.
Part III: OPERATIONS ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
5. Demand Forecasting.
6. Resource Planning Systems.
7. Inventory Management.
8. Process Management--Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain.
Part IV: DISTRIBUTION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
9. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics.
10. Customer Relationship Management.
11. Global Location Decisions.
12. Service Response Logistics.
Part V: INTEGRATION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
13. Supply Chain Process Integration.
14. Performance Measurement Along the Supply Chain.