Help your students understand the growing significance of fraud in today's accounting world as the latest edition of this engaging text teaches how to identify, detect, investigate, and prevent financial fraud. FRAUD EXAMINATION 4E closely examines the nature of fraud using memorable business examples and captivating actual fraud including recent developments in e-business fraud. Students explore how technology is increasingly involved in fraud and how it can be used to detect fraud as well as what the legal options are for victims of fraud. Significant new discussion of forensic analysis expands students' understanding of the field, while a fresh, clean design increases readability and student appeal. New learning features and strong end-of-chapter exercises draw attention to the most important information and drive critical thinking.
Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION TO FRAUD.
1. The Nature of Fraud.
2. Who Commits Fraud and Why.
3. Fighting Fraud: An Overview.
Part II: FRAUD PREVENTION.
4. Preventing Fraud.
Part III: FRAUD DETECTION.
5. Recognizing the Symptoms of Fraud.
6. Data-Driven Fraud Detection
Part IV: FRAUD INVESTIGATION.
7. Investigating Theft Acts.
8. Investigating Concealment.
9. Conversion Investigation Methods.
10. Inquiry Methods and Fraud Reports.
Part V: MANAGEMENT FRAUD.
11. Financial Statement Fraud.
12. Revenue- and Inventory-Related Financial Statement Frauds.
13. Liability, Asset, and Inadequate Disclosure Frauds.
Part VI: OTHER TYPES OF FRAUD.
14. Fraud Against Organizations.
15. Consumer Fraud.
16. Bankruptcy, Divorce, and Tax Fraud.
17. e-Commerce Fraud.
Part VII: RESOLUTION OF FRAUD.
18. Legal Follow-Up.