Prepare for disaster with DISASTER MENTAL HEALTH: THEORY AND PRACTICE! This tool in disaster preparedness and planning presents a theoretical integration and context for what disaster mental health is and what it is not. A practical discussion of a range of mental health interventions appropriate in the wake of a disaster helps you effectively prepare to respond to a disaster of any kind.
I. DISASTER MENTAL HEALTH THEORY.
2. The Characteristics of Disaster.
3. A History of Disaster Mental Health.
4. Reactions and Risk Factors.
5. Extreme Reactions.
6. Vulnerable Populations.
II. DISASTER MENTAL HEALTH PRACTICE.
7. The Challenges of Counseling in Chaos.
8. Psychological First Aid.
9. Early Interventions Beyond First Aid.
10. Debriefing and the Impact of Disaster Trauma on First Responders.
11. Long-Term Treatment: Continuity Of Care.
12. New Directions.