This comprehensive text covers the entire field of human resource development, from orientation and skills training, to career and organizational development. You'll learn how concepts and theory have been put into practice in a variety of organizations. This sixth edition of HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT reflects the current state of the field, blending real-world practices and up-to-date research.
Table of Contents
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT.
1. Introduction to Human Resource Development.
2. Influences on Employee Behavior.
3. Learning and HRD.
Part II: FRAMEWORK FOR HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT.
4. Assessing HRD Needs.
5. Designing Effective HRD Programs.
6. Implementing HRD Programs.
7. Evaluating HRD Programs.
Part III: APPLICATIONS OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT.
8. Employee Socialization and Orientation.
9. Skills and Technical Training.
10. Coaching and Performance Management.
11. Employee Counseling and Wellness Services.
12. Career Management and Development.
13. Management Development.
14. Organization Development and Change.
15. HRD and Diversity: Diversity Training and Beyond.