INCLUSIVE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION: DEVELOPMENT, RESOURCES, AND PRACTICE, Sixth Edition, is a comprehensive special education resource book that provides essential information on a variety of early childhood learning disabilities, as well as strategies for including children with these special needs in regular educational settings. The author provides you with a solid grounding in theory and research as well as practical guidelines, real-world vignettes, and hands-on program planning assistance to prepare you to integrate children with learning disabilities into your classrooms. Updated throughout, this edition also introduces videos that are available for viewing at the Early Childhood Education Media Library, allowing you to see text concepts brought to life in real classroom settings. Whether you're training to be a pre-school teacher, kindergarten teacher, early education provider, child care provider, or administrator in any of these settings, you'll keep this resource with you long after you complete your coursework.
1. Including All Children in a Dynamic Educational System.
2. Partnering with Families and Honoring Their Diversity.
3. Assessment and Evaluation.
4. Curriculum and Standards in Inclusive Settings.
5. Individualizing Planning.
6. Atypical Development: The Beginning.
7. Infants and Toddlers.
8. Children with Specific Learning Disabilities.
9. Children with Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Disorders.
10. Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.
11. Children with Communication Disorders.
12. Children Who Are English Language Learners.
13. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
14. Children with Intellectual Delays and Disabilities.
15. Children Who Are Gifted and Talented.
16. Children with Special Health Care Needs.
17. Children with Orthopedic and Neurologic Impairments.
18. Children with Hearing Impairments.
19. Children with Visual Impairments.
Resource 1. Social Awareness Activities: Social Competence and Social Studies.
Resource 2. Language Arts and Literacy Activities: Speaking and Listening, Reading, Writing and Language.
Resource 3. Discovery Activities: Mathematics, Science, and Technology.
Resource 4. Wellness Activities: Health and Safety, Physical Education, and Sensory Motor Integration.
Resource 5. Creative Arts Activities: Visual Arts, Music, Movement and Dance, and Dramatic Play and Theater.
Resource 6. Infant and Toddler Activities: Young Infants, Mobile Infants, and Toddlers.
To customize your learning solution, contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1133602282 | ISBN-13: 9781133602286
List Price = $121.95 | CengageBrain Price = $121.95
"[This is a] great resource [with a] very easy layout and format. The concepts are broken down and reinforced with real-world examples."— Clayton Ryan, Fisher College
"My students are enjoying the text, particularly the 'real life' examples provided."— Lisa Yogi, Honolulu Community College
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The online Instructor's Manual contains information to assist the instructor in designing the course, including a sample syllabus, learning objectives, teaching and learning activities, and additional print and online resources. For assessment support, the updated Test Bank includes true/false, multiple-choice, matching, short-answer, and essay questions for each chapter.
Preassembled Microsoft® PowerPoint® lecture slides cover content for each chapter of the book.