Understand human behavior with HUMAN BEHAVIOR AND THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT! Three key tools are provided for theory-by-theory comprehension-models, metaphors and maps-that help you to easily compare and contrast theories as well as understand their relevance to social work practice. Detailed questions, learning activities, and a comprehensive list of references save you time when you study. Metaphors for each theory bring the content to life and make the applications of ideas and concepts specific to social work and social workers.
Table of Contents
1. Child Welfare History.
2. Best Practices in Child Welfare.
3. Child Welfare Services: Formal and Informal.
4. Policy and Research in Child Welfare.
5. Cultural Competency in Child Welfare.
7. Abuse and Emotional Maltreatment.
8. Child Sexual Abuse.
9. Behavioral and Delinquency Issues.
10. Children with Special Challenges and Teenage Pregnancy.
11. Permanency Planning and Adoption.
12. Alternatives: Prevention and Early Intervention.
13. Leadership and Change.