Part I. Procurement: Dynamics of Food Service Purchasing.
1. The Purchasing Function: An Overview.
2. Food Laws and the Market and Distribution Systems.
3. Practical Considerations for Buying Decisions
4. Modern Applications of Food Science.
Part II. Purchasing Management: Mastering the Storeroom.
5. Measuring and Packaging for Preservation, Sale, and Distribution.
6. The Ingredient Process.
7. The Physical Storeroom.
8. Receiving, Storing, and Issuing.
9. Cost Control Measures for Food Service Operations.
10. Security Issues with Vendors, Employees and Customers.
Part III. The Commodities: Developing Product Knowledge.
11. Herbs, Spices, Minerals, and Flavoring Agents.
12. Bakery Supplies.
13. Meats and Offal.
14. Poultry and Game.
15. Fish and Shellfish.
18. Eggs, Dairy, and Cheese.
19. Vegetarian and Special Dietary Products.
21. Postscript: Futurist Thoughts on Food Service
Appendix A. Financial and Cost Control Formulas.
Appendix B. Standard Measurement Conversions.
Appendix C. Approximate Ingredient Volume to Weight Equivalents.
Appendix D. Management Checklists.
Appendix E. Cost Control Forms.
Appendix F. Food Service Industry Resources.
Appendix G. State Alcohol Control Boards.
Appendix H. Hospitality Professional Organizations.
Appendix I. Commodity Organizations.