The information you need to make informed decisions about whether to pursue psychology as a major and career is found in this handbook--as are useful tips that will help you succeed in your psychology course. The first chapter introduces you to the scope of psychology and the subspecialties within the field. Subsequent chapters help you assess your skills, abilities, and interests. Career opportunities are presented so you can decide whether psychology is an appropriate major for you.
Table of Contents
1. What Is Psychology?
2. Choosing a Major: Is Psychology for You?
3. Take an Active Role in Your Education.
4. Study Tips: Tools for Academic Success.
5. Writing a Literature Review.
6. Writing an Empirical Paper.
7. What Can I Do with a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology?
8. Finding a Job with Your Bachelor's Degree.
9. What Can I Do with a Graduate Degree in Psychology?
10. Applying to Graduate School in Psychology.