The modern rapid advancements in networking, communication, and mobility have increased the need for reliable ways to verify the identity of any person. Security and Access Control Using Biometric Technologies is the ideal book for any reader interested in learning the basics of biometric systems, or the study of methods for uniquely recognizing humans based on intrinsic physical or behavioral traits. Written for a broad level of readers, this book applies to students, network managers, security administrators and other practitioners. The book begins with the basics of biometric technologies and discusses how and why biometric systems are emerging in information security. An emphasis is directed towards authentication, authorization, identification, and access control. Topics covered include security and management that is required to protect valuable computer and network resources and assets, and methods of providing control over access and security for computers and networks.
PART I – FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Access Control Using Biometrics.
2. Biometric Traits and Modalities.
PART II – TECHNOLOGY.
3. Biometric Applications and Solutions.
4. Repositories for Database and Template Storage.
5. Legacy and Biometric Systems.
6. Uni-Modal, Multi-modal, and Multi-biometrics Integration.
PART III – ADMINISTRATION.
7. Policy and Program Management.
8. Access Control Methods and Technologies.
9. System Confidentiality, Integrity, and Accessibility.
10. Security and Privacy Issues.
11. Implementation, Operation, and Management Issues.
12. Standards, Organizations, and Legal Environment.
A: Biometrics acronyms.
B: Biometrics vendors.