EXPERIMENTS IN GENERAL CHEMISTRY is the perfect textbook to prepared you for success in chemistry. This innovative book is not only full of exciting experiments but will help you understand the chemistry behind what is happening.
Preface, Correlation table and Chemistry Resources
1. Early Explorations and Terminology.
2. Separation of Mixtures.
3. Measurements and Identification Techniques.
4. Density, Accuracy, Precision and Graphing.
5. Empirical Formulas.
6. Classification of Chemical Reactions.
7. Quantitative Precipitation.
8. Electrical Conductivity and Electrolytes.
9. Ionic Reactions.
10. Activities of Metals.
11. Quantitative Solution Chemistry.
13. Properties of Elements and Compounds: An Internet Study.
14. Spectroscopy of Cobalt (II) Ion.
15. Lewis Structures and Molecular Models.
16. Molecular Polarity and Chromatography.
17. Gas Law Studies.
18. Cooling Curves and Crystal Structures.
19. Water Purification and Analysis.
20. Organic Models and Isomerism.
21. Acids and Bases: Reactions and Standardization.
22. Acids and Bases: Analysis.
23. Acids and Bases: pH, pKa Measurements.
24. Equilibrium - Solubility Product.
25. Equilibrium - Determination of Keq.
27. Rates and Mechanisms of Reactions - Visual and/or Spectroscopic Monitoring.
28. Synthesis of Copper (II) Glycinate.
29. Standardization of Thiosulfate.
30. Analysis of Bleach and Copper (II) Glycinate.
31. Redox Reactions.
33. Spectroscopic Analysis of Aspirin.
34. Polymer Properties and Selections
35. Additional Challenges and Experiments
36. Graphing Quantitative Relationships
Appendix 1: Properties of Substances
Appendix 2: Common Ions by Charge
Appendix 3: Solubilities of Ionic Compounds
Appendix 4: Solutions to Starred Prelaboratory Problems