Drawing from the latest developments and practices from the field, MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS, 7e combines a wealth of case studies and real-world examples to provide a clear emphasis on the business and management elements of information technology. The new edition offers the most current coverage available, including expanded discussions of social networking, IT security, mobile computing, and much more. From overviews of the information age to online business and business intelligence, readers gain a sound balance of the technical and business elements of information technology. In addition, numerous business cases integrated throughout the text enable readers to apply what they learn to real-world practice--equipping them with skills they can immediately put into action in the business world.
Part I: THE INFORMATION AGE.
1. Business Information Systems: An Overview.
2. Strategic Uses of Information Systems.
3. Business Functions and Supply Chains.
Part II: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
4. Business Hardware.
5. Business Software.
6. Business Networks and Telecommunications.
7. Databases and Data Warehouses.
Part III: WEB-ENABLED COMMERCE.
8. The Web-enabled Enterprise.
9. Challenges of Global Information Systems.
Part IV: DECISION SUPPORT AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE.
10. Decision Support and Expert Systems.
11. Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management.
Part V: PLANNING, ACQUISITION, AND CONTROLS.
12. Systems Planning and Development.
13. Choices in Systems Acquisitions.
14. Risks, Security, and Disaster Recovery.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
List Price = $.00 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $.00