Let Jean Andrews guide you to success in computer technology certification. COMPTIA A+ 220-801, 220-802 IN DEPTH is a comprehensive, up-to-date, user-friendly test-prep guide for these industry-standard exams, covering all fundamental and advanced computer technology, networking, and security topics you might encounter on the job or on the A+ exam. The book corresponds completely to CompTIA A+ exam objectives, offering in-depth coverage of all topics, from the Windows OS to processors and mother boards, storage devices, networking devices and cables, security strategies, mobile devices, installation, configuration, hardware/software troubleshooting, and much more. You'll also learn to apply real-world implementation of the technology through "On the Job" stories and case studies. Along the way, the skills you're learning are reinforced through clearly outline learning objectives, chapter summaries, key terms and definitions, and review questions. The coaching and test-prep resources of COMPTIA A+ 220-801, 220-802 IN DEPTH will give you the skills and confidence you'll need to suceed on exam day.
1. Working Inside a Computer and Hardware Maintenance.
2. Introduction to Windows Operating Systems.
3. Form Factors and Power Supplies.
4. All About Motherboards.
5. Supporting Processors.
6. Supporting Hard Drives.
7. Installing Windows.
8. Satisfying Customer Needs.
9. Maintaining Windows.
10. Optimizing Windows.
11. Upgrading Windows.
12. Installing and Supporting I/O and Storage Devices.
13. Troubleshooting Windows and Applications.
14. Troubleshooting Windows Startup.
15. Networking Types, Devices, and Cables.
16. Supporting Network Connections.
17. Windows Resources on a Network.
18. Security Strategies.
19. Supporting Laptops.
20. Mobile Devices in the Corporate World.
21. Supporting Printers.
APPENDIX A: CompTIA A+ Acronyms.
APPENDIX B: Keystroke Shortcuts in Windows.
APPENDIX C: Answers to Review.