PRINCIPLES OF INCIDENT RESPONSE & DISASTER RECOVERY, 2nd Edition presents methods to identify vulnerabilities within computer networks and the countermeasures that mitigate risks and damage. From market-leading content on contingency planning, to effective techniques that minimize downtime in an emergency, to curbing losses after a breach, this text is the resource needed in case of a network intrusion.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and Overview of Contingency Planning.
2. Planning for Organizational Readiness.
3. Data Protection Strategies for IR/DR/BC.
4. Incident Response Planning.
5. Computer Incident Response Teams.
6. Incident Detection and Plan Activation.
7. Incident Response.
8. Incident Response Recovery and Preventative Maintenance.
9. Incident Response Forensics and eDiscovery.
10. Disaster Recovery: Preparation and Implementation.
11. Business Continuity Planning and Implementation.
12. Crisis Management and Human Factors.
Appendix A: Incident Response Exercises.