UNIFORM BILLING: A GUIDE TO CLAIMS PROCESSING, 2e is the essential resource for learning in-patient and out-patient processing techniques. Whether used in an acute, subacute, long term care, specialty, or clinic facility, this learning tool shows readers how to use UB-04 in any scenario. Its exercise-based format emphasizes practical application to help readers efficiently absorb the material. Plus, the included access code for the SimClaim software allows users to practice completing claim forms electronically.
Table of Contents
Section I: The Acute Care Facility.
1. Services Rendered in the Hospital Setting.
2. The Internal Network of a Hospital.
Section II: Working with Form Locators.
3. Introduction to the UB-04: Form Locators 1-31.
4. UB-04: Form Locators 31-41.
5. UB-04: Form Locators 42-49.
6. UB-04: Form Locators 49-80.
7. Exploring Covered Services and Rates.
8. Coding and Reimbursement Systems.
9. Fraud, Abuse, HIPAA, and Patient's Rights.