Integrating cutting-edge technologies with explanations of traditional equipment and practices, MODERN RADIO AND AUDIO PRODUCTION, 10e, offers current, comprehensive coverage of radio production and programming. A clear writing style, excellent descriptions and explanations, and attention to detail make this book easy to read and understand. An all-new chapter on writing walks you step by step through the entire process, while a new chapter on ethics helps you think through possible ethical dilemmas before you encounter them in the workplace. In addition, an all-new chapter on mobile radio explores the next frontier.
Table of Contents
1. Production in Modern Radio and Online Audio Media.
Part I: AUDIO FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Sound and Microphones.
4. Playback and Recording Technology.
Part II: RADIO FUNDAMENTALS.
6. Recorded Program Production.
7. Live, On-Air Production.
8. Computer-Driven Technology.
Part III: AURAL COMMUNICATION.
9. Achieving an Effect.
10. Drama and Dramatic Elements in Radio.
11. Writing for the Ear.
Part IV: SPECIALIZED PRODUCTION.
12. Commercial Production.
13. News Production.
14. Remote and Sports Production.
15. Advanced Production: Multichannel, Music, and Special Effects.
Part V: The Business of Radio-Legacy and New Media Models.
16. Production, Programming, and the Modern Format.
17. Radio and the New Digital Infrastructure.
18. Mobile Radio and the Battle for the Dashboard.
19. Entrepreneurial Radio.
20. Ethics and the Communication Professional.