Now in its 11th Edition, CURREN'S MATH FOR MEDS: DOSAGES AND SOLUTIONS is the preeminent authority on drug dosage calculations, ratio and proportion, and medication safety. Often imitated yet never equaled, the book delivers proven material with a concisely organized approach that takes you from basic to complex using a building block approach. . Coverage begins with chapters designed to review and confirm basic math principles. Common drug measures are introducted next, followed by detailed lessons on medication labels and dosage calculations. Instructions on body weight and body surface area, intravenous calculations, and pediatric medication calculations follow. This new edition of CURREN'S MATH FOR MEDS: DOSAGES AND SOLUTIONS features full-color photos of drug labels and syringes, as well as hundreds of examples, practice problems, self-test questions, and more for developing learners into safe and effective practitioners. Deliver your course with help from the master, Anna Curren, and CURREN'S MATH FOR MEDS: DOSAGES AND SOLUTIONS, 11th Edition—the only calculations text to reach more than a million learners!
Table of Contents
SECTION 1: REFRESHER MATH.
1. Relative Value, Addition and Subtraction of Decimals.
2. Multiplication and Division of Decimals.
3. Solving Common Fraction Equations.
SECTION 2: INTRODUCTION TO DRUG MEASURES.
4. Metric, International (SI) System.
5. Unit, Percentage, Milliequivalent, Ratio,and HouseholdMeasures.
SECTION 3: CALCULATING DOSAGES FROM MEDICATION LABELS AND SYRINGE CALIBRATIONS, AND SAFE MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION.
6. Oral Medication Labels.
7. Safe Medication Administration.
8. Hypodermic Syringe Measurement.
9. Reading Parenteral Medication Labels.
10. Reconstitution of Powdered Drugs.
11. Measuring Insulin Dosages.
SECTION 4: DOSAGE CALCULATIONS.
12. Ratio and Proportion.
13. Dimensional Analysis/Units Conversion.
14. Formula Method.
SECTION 5: DOSAGE CALCULATION FROM BODY WEIGHT AND BODY SURFACE AREA.
15. Adult and Pediatric Dosages Based on Body Weight.
16. Adult and Pediatric Dosages Based on Body Surface Area.
SECTION 6: INTRAVENOUS CALCULATIONS.
17. Introduction to IV Therapy.
18. IV Flow Rate Calculation.
19. Calculating IV Infusion and Completion Times.
20. IV Medication and Titration Calculations.
21. Heparin Infusion Calculations.
SECTION 7: PEDIATRIC MEDICATION CALCULATIONS.
22. Pediatric Oral and Parenteral Medications.
23. Pediatric Intravenous Medications.