This practical workbook facilitates readers’ understanding of the DSM-5 and other texts related to the diagnoses of mental disorders, enhancing their ability to assess their clients’ strengths and to diagnose any emotional difficulties the clients may be experiencing. As a workbook, it offers a wealth of real life examples and exercises, providing users with the opportunity to practice their assessment skills in a classroom environment prior to entering the field as a mental health professional. Readers learn the various diagnostic categories of the DSM-5-along with dual diagnoses, symptom formulation, and the overlap between diagnostic categories-as well as how to apply these categories to clients they will be seeing in practice.
2. Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
3. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders.
4. Bipolar and Related Disorders.
5. Depressive Disorders.
6. Anxiety Disorders.
7. Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders.
8. Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders.
9. Dissociative Disorders.
10. Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders.
11. Feeding and Eating Disorders.
12. Sleep-Wake Disorders (Breathing-Related Sleep Disorders, Parasomnias)
13. Sexual Dysfunctions.
14. Gender Dysphoria.
15. Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders.
16. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders.
17. Non-Substance-Related Disorders/Gambling Disorder.
18. Neurocognitive Disorders (Major and Mild Neurocognitive Disorders).
19. Personality Disorders.
20. Paraphilic Disorders.
21. Medication-Induced Movement Disorders and Other Adverse Effects of Medication.
22. Other Conditions That May Be a Focus of Clinical Attention.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor’s Manual resources include an answer key for the diagnosis for each case in the textbook, as well as a 50 question test bank to generate assessments for use with the book.