This text gives equal treatment to both HTML and XHTML, covering all new HTML 5 features while highlighting the differences between the languages. The book will also include enhanced coverage of DHTML, as HTML, X/HTML, and DHTML are commonly taught in the same course. Each chapter provides clear, non-technical explanations of the important concepts and techniques of a particular language or tool. The focus, however, is on learning-by-doing as students complete typical Web authoring tasks, such as adding tables to Web pages.
1. Introduction to Web Page Development.
2. Building, Linking, Publishing Basic Web Pages.
3. Working with Text and Images.
4. Formatting with Cascading Style Sheets.
5. Building Tables and Lists.
6. Gathering Data with Forms.
7. Incorporating Multimedia and Executable Content.
9. Building Arrays and Control Structures.
10. Manipulating the Browser Object Model.
12. Overview of the Document Object Model (DOM).
13. Creating Dynamic HTML (DHTML).
14. Developing Web Pages for Mobile Devices.