DIVERSITY IN ORGANIZATIONS is a comprehensive research-based text that will guide you through both the basics and details of the field. In-depth explorations of topics ranging from why diversity is important to how to become a diversity friendly employer provide practical information. You will also learn how to become a diversity-friendly employer, include workers often devalued, and how both dominant and non-dominant group members can work to effect change.
Section I: INTRODUCTION, LEGISLATION, AND THEORIES
1. Introduction to the Study of Diversity in Organizations.
Section II: EXAMINING SPECIFIC GROUPS AND CATEGORIES.
4. Blacks/African Americans.
6. Asian Americans.
7. Whites/European Americans.
8. American Indians and Multi-Racial Group Members.
9. Sex and Gender.
10. Work and Family.
11. Sexual Orientation.
14. Physical and Mental Ability.
15. Weight and Appearance.
Section III: GLOBAL VISION.
16: International Diversity and Facing the Future.