Short, succinct, and easy-to-read, the Second Edition of NURSING ASSISTANT'S SURVIVAL GUIDE is filled with concrete tips and illustrations designed to teach readers the interpersonal skills needed for job success. Thoroughly updated to reflect recent changes in the field, this handy guide includes step-by-step information about how to handle specific problems such as managing job stress, dealing with death on the job, being a good communicator, getting along with your supervisor, relating to family members, working with aggressive residents, and balancing work and family.
1. What do I do when … There's too much stress?
2. What do I do when … A resident dies?
3. What do I do when … I have trouble communicating?
4. What do I do when … I need to get along with my supervisor?
5. What do I do when … I need to get along with family members?
6. What do I do when … Residents are angry and aggressive?
7. What do I do when … My family and my job pull me in different directions?
8. What do I do when … I need to lift my spirits?