A must for every musician's bookshelf, Jumpstart Your Music Career offers all the information and strategies you need to make your professional dreams a reality! Author Simon Cann offers a comprehensive plan of action you can follow to navigate and succeed in today's rapidly-changing music marketplace--from building a fan base to taking advantage of the latest technology to craft your own opportunities to handling the ins and outs of publicity and finance. The most thorough and up-to-date guide on starting and building a music career available, this text puts you in the driver's seat as both an artist and as an up-and-coming businessperson!
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
2. Do you really want a career in music?
3. The opportunities for musicians.
Part II: THE FAN BASE.
4. Exploiting with integrity.
5. Building and keeping the fan base.
6. Publicity in the 21st century.
Part III: THE PRODUCT.
7. What do you actually do?!?
8. Creating and developing the product.
Part IV: THE NASTY COMMERCIAL BITS.
9. Economics 101.
10. Building the team around you.
11. Your pay packet.
Part V: PUTTING THE THEORY INTO PRACTICE.
12. Developing your own career plan.