The popular AAUSC series of annual volumes for directors of university language programs strives to further scholarship in second language acquisition and teaching with regard to undergraduate programs with multisection courses. Teaching assistant supervision, teaching assistant professional preparation, and the role of faculty and administrators in postsecondary institutions are some of the topics addressed.
Table of Contents
1. Getting to know the face in the mirror: reflection in practice for teachers and teacher educators.
2. New paradigms, old structures: Institutional tensions in TA training.
3. Culture shock and shocking culture: Preparing international foreign language TAs for the US classroom.
4. The highly-experienced staff and its professional development.
5. Russian in the national capital area: Part-time heaven or hell?
6. Training graduate teachers I and assistants in UK Universities.