MindTap® Psychology, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Cacioppo/Freberg Discovering Psychology, 2nd Edition
- John Cacioppo University of Chicago
- Laura A. Freberg
- ISBN-10: 1305391268 | ISBN-13: 9781305391260
- Prior Releases: 2013
- © 2016 | Published
MindTap™ Psychology for Cacioppo/Freberg's Discovering Psychology: The Science of Mind, 2nd Edition is the digital learning solution that helps instructors engage and transform today's students into critical thinkers. Through paths of dynamic assignments and applications that you can personalize, real-time course analytics, and an accessible reader, MindTap helps you turn cookie cutter into cutting edge, apathy into engagement, and memorizers into higher-level thinkers. In this innovative approach to the Intro Psychology course, the authors present psychology as an integrative hub science that is highly relevant for students of all majors. Integration extends in two directions, highlighting connections within psychology, and between psychology and other disciplines. The MindTap learning path utilizes adaptive quizzing, scenario-based experiences, auto-scored writing assignments, and social learning tools. Access to this product is valid for 6 months of usage.
The MindTap Learning Path guides students through readings, multimedia, and activities designed to follow the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension up to analysis and application. By hiding, rearranging, or adding your own content, you control what students see and when they see it and match the Learning Path to your course syllabus exactly.
1. The Science of Mind: The Discipline of Psychology.
2. The Measure of Mind: Methods of Psychology.
3. The Evolving Mind: Nature and Nurture Intertwined.
4. The Biological Mind: The Physical Basis of Behavior.
5. The Perceiving Mind: Sensation and Perception.
6. The Aware Mind: Elements of Consciousness.
7. The Developing Mind: Life-Span Development.
8. The Adaptive Mind: Learning.
9. The Knowing Mind: Memory.
10. The Thinking Mind: Cognition, Language, & Intelligence.
11. The Feeling Mind: Motivation and Emotion.
12. The Individual Mind: Personality and the Self.
13. The Connected Mind: Social Psychology.
14. The Troubled Mind: Psychological Disorders.
15. Healing the Troubled Mind: Therapy.
16. The Healthy Mind: Stress and Coping, Health Psychology, and Positive Psychology.
To customize your learning solution, contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1305097645 | ISBN-13: 9781305097643
List Price = $95.00
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1305719069 | ISBN-13: 9781305719064
List Price = $114.95 | CengageBrain Price = $114.95
ISBN-10: 1305626710 | ISBN-13: 9781305626713
List Price = $114.95
"MindTap's greatest strengths are the progress tracking and the ability to add [your own] materials that are gradable."— Stephen Brusnighan, Kent State University
"I'm convinced that the higher course ratings and grades were, in large part, a result of students' engagement. It was an unmitigated success."— Robert Black, Global Business, SUNY Maritime College
"Almost across the board, students using MindTap improved on the main learning objectives of the class ...I've never seen any results like this."— Carey Roberts, History, Arkansas Technology University
"MindTap was very useful – it was easy to follow and everything was right there."— Student, San Jose State University
"I'm definitely more engaged because of MindTap."— Student, University of Central Florida
"MindTap puts practice questions in a format that works well for me."— Student, Franciscan University of Steubenville