Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE.
1. Introduction: Defining the Field.
2. The Law in Books: An Orientation to Legal Research.
3. The Law in Action.
4. A History of Law and Administration.
Part II: THE FORMAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS.
5. Agency Rulemaking.
6. Administrative Adjudications.
7. Judicial Review.
Part III: LAW, POLITICS, AND ADMINISTRATION.
8. Informal Process: "The Lifeblood of the Administrative Process."
9. Administrative Discretion: Uses, Abuses, Controversies, and Remedies.
10. Politics and Regulatory Agencies: Law and Politics in Administration.
11. Acquisition, Use, and Dissemination of Information: A System of Information Policy.
12. The Law and Public Employees.
13. Administrative Responsibility.
14. Law and Administration for the Twenty-First Century.
Appendix 1: Mathews v. Eldridge: The Anatomy of an Administrative Law Case.
Appendix 2: EPA and the Mandate for Environmental Justice: The Battle Over a New Kind of Regulation.
Appendix 3: The Administrative Procedure Act.
Appendix 4: Executive Orders 12866, 12291, and 12498.
Appendix 5: Selected Readings on Law and Administration.