Plan a successful job search with JOB SEARCH: CAREER PLANNING GUIDE, BOOK 2! Whether you’re a first time job seeker or someone re-entering the job market or changing careers, this counseling text provides you with the tools you’ll need for your search. You’ll learn interviewing techniques as well as how to develop sources of job leads, complete employment applications, and prepare resumes and cover letters. Examples and exercises help you master the skills necessary for finding a job.
1. Overview of the Job Search.
2. Sources of Job Leads.
3. Using Your Writing Skills to Get a Job: Résumés And Cover Letters.
4. Job Application Forms.
5. Using Your Research Skills to Get a Job: Geographical Areas.
6. Using Your Research Skills to Get a Job: Work Organizations.
7. Using Your Speaking Skills to Get a Job: Interviewing for Information.
8. Using Your Speaking Skills to Get a Job: Interviewing for Jobs.
9. Into the Working World.
10. The Bigger Picture of Work.
Summary and References.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor's Manual with Test Bank, which is available electronically via e-mail, includes learning objectives, class exercises and activities, and multiple-choice questions.