MindTap is a personalized teaching experience with relevant assignments that guide students to analyze, apply, and improve thinking, allowing you to measure skills and outcomes with ease.Experience MindTap Learn more about MindTap
Ideal for aspiring and active automotive professionals, TODAY'S TECHNICIAN: AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICITY & ELECTRONICS, Sixth Edition, equips readers to confidently understand, diagnose, and repair electrical and electronic systems in today's automobiles. Using a unique two-volume approach to optimize learning in both the classroom and the auto shop, the first volume (Classroom Manual) details the theory and application of electricity, electronics, and circuitry in modern automobiles, while the second (Shop Manual) covers real-world symptoms, diagnostics, and repair information. Known for its comprehensive coverage, accurate and up-to-date technical information, and hundreds of detailed illustrations and vibrant photographs, the text is an ideal resource to prepare for success as an automotive technician or pursue ASE certification. Now updated with extensive information on new and emerging technology and techniques—including audio and infotainment systems, LED and adaptive lighting, hybrid and electric vehicles, and accessory systems—the Sixth Edition also aligns with the NATEF 2012 accreditation model, including job sheets correlated to specific AST and MAST tasks.
1. Introduction to Automotive Electrical and Electronic Systems.
2. Basic Theories.
3. Electrical and Electronic Components.
4. Wiring and Circuit Diagrams.
5. Automotive Batteries.
6. Starting Systems and Motor Designs.
7. Charging Systems.
8. Lighting Circuits.
9. Introduction to The Body Computer.
10. Computer Inputs.
11. Vehicle Communication Networks.
12. Advanced Lighting Circuits.
13. Instrumentation and Warning Lamps.
15. Radio Frequency and Infotainment Systems.
16. Passive Restraint Systems.
17. Vehicles with Alternative Power Sources.
Glossary of Terms.
2. Special Tools and Procedures.
3. Basic Electrical Troubleshooting and Service.
4. Wiring Repair and Reading Circuit Diagrams.
5. Battery Diagnosis and Service.
6. Starting System Diagnosis and Service.
7. Charging System Testing and Service.
8. Lighting Circuits Repair and Diagnosis.
9. Body Computer System Diagnosis.
10. Sensor Diagnostic Routines.
11. Vehicle Multiplexing Diagnostics.
12. Advanced Lighting Systems Diagnosis and Service.
13. Instrumentation and Warning Lamp System Diagnosis and Repair.
14. Electrical Accessories Diagnosis and Repair.
15. Servicing Radio Frequency and Infotainment Systems.
16. Servicing Passive Restraint Systems.
17. Hybrid and High-Voltage System Service.
Appendix A: ASE Practice Examination.
Appendix B: Metric Conversions.
Appendix C: Electrical and Electronic Special Tool Suppliers.
Glossary of Terms.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1305132599 | ISBN-13: 9781305132597
List Price = $243.95 | CengageBrain Price = $243.95
ISBN-10: 1305593839 | ISBN-13: 9781305593831
List Price = $348.95 | CengageBrain Price = $348.95
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources commonly includes PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, computerized test bank, Instructor's Manual, and other text-specific resources.
This access code will provide you with seamless access to your MindTap™ Automotive resources from within your campus Learning Management System. You will be prompted to enter this access code the first time that you click on a link in your course that includes Cengage content.
List Price = $115.00 | CengageBrain Price = $115.00 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $115.00