Delivering cutting-edge coverage that includes the latest thinking and practices from the field, QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, 7e presents the basic principles and tools associated with quality and performance excellence using relevant, real-world illustrations and examples. The text thoroughly illustrates how these basic principles and methods have been put into effect in a variety of organizations. It also illustrates the relationship between basic principles and the popular theories and models studied in management courses. Excellent case studies focus on large and small companies in manufacturing and service industries in North and South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
Part I: FOUNDATIONS OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE.
1. Introduction to Quality and Performance Excellence.
2. Frameworks for Quality and Performance Excellence.
3. Tools and Techniques for Quality Design and Control.
4. Tools and Techniques for Quality Improvement.
Part II: PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE, STRATEGY, AND ORGANIZATIONAL THEORY.
5. Competitive Advantage and Strategic Management for Performance Excellence.
6. Quality in Customer-Supplier Relationships.
7. Designing Organizations for Performance Excellence.
Part III: PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE AND ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR.
8. Quality Teamwork.
9. Engagement, Empowerment, and Motivation.
Part IV: LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE.
10. Leadership for Performance Excellence.
11. Performance Excellence and Organizational Change.