Begin your career in the world of health insurance billing with A Guide to Health Insurance Billing, Third Edition. This resource introduces you to medical billing, covering everything from patient registration to claims submission. Become familiar with appropriate terminology, understand legal and regulatory guidelines, and develop an understanding of coding systems. Finally, put your skills to the test with the Superiorland Clinic practical simulation in Appendix A with 20 case studies that require forms completion.
Table of Contents
1. The Insurance Billing Specialist.
2. Legal Aspects of Insurance Billing.
3. Introduction to Health Insurance.
4. International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM).
5. International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM).
6. Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure.
7. Developing An Insurance Claim.
8. Common CMS-1500 Completion Guidelines.
9. Common UB-92 (HCFA-1450) Completion Guidelines.
10. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
11. Blue Cross/Blue Shield.
14. TRICARE and CHAMPVA.
15. Workers Compensation.
Appendix A: Superiorland Clinic Practice Manual.
Assignments: Case Study 2-1 Through Case Study 2-10.