The goal of Psychopharmacology Demystified is to take a unique, focused approach to a weighty topic – pharmacological management of mental illness. Rather than another dense tome of doses, schedules, and routes that can easily be looked up in standard nursing handbooks, the author succinctly explains difficult ideas in ways that hit home. The book uses a combination of personal insight and current clinical and research data to cover a wide range of psychopharmacological agents for depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety, insomnia, ADHD and Alzheimer's disease. It also addresses addiction, which is often co-morbid with mental illness. While it can be used as a free-standing text, it is meant to be used in conjunction with more traditional psychiatric nursing and pharmacotherapy textbooks.
1. Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology.
2. Pharmacotherapy of Depression.
3. Pharmacotherapy of Bipolar Disorder.
4. Antipsychotic Pharmacotherapy.
5. Cognitive Enhancers.
6. Anxiolytic,Sedative and Hypnotic Pharmacotherapy.
7. Neurobiology of Addiction.