The Fourth Edition of A GUIDE TO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS FOR THE SERVICE DESK PROFESSIONAL explores the changing role of the service desk professional. Each chapter expands upon a particular skill required to provide effective customer support and provides proven techniques for implementing the concepts. Research, references, and resources have been updated in each chapter, and ITIL vocabulary and concepts are reflected throughout the text. New information is also incorporated, such as a discussion of general trends currently affecting the information technology industry and technology trends affecting the service desk. The text focuses on providing individuals with practical instruction on the unique skill set needed to execute the expanding mission of the service desk.
1. Achieving High Customer Satisfaction.
2. Developing Strong Listening and Communication Skills.
3. Winning Telephone Skills.
4. Technical Writing Skills for Support Professionals.
5. Handling Difficult Customer Situations.
6. Solving and Preventing Incidents and Problems.
7. Business Skills for Technical Professionals.
8. Teams and Team Players in a Service Desk Setting.
9. Minimizing Stress and Avoiding Burnout.
Capstone Project: Service Desk Site Visit.
Appendix A: Service Desk Resources.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.