Practical, straightforward, and user-friendly, the third edition of ESSENTIALS OF NURSING LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT is designed to help readers develop the knowledge and skills needed to lead and manage nursing care delivery in the 21st century. This comprehensive book is organized into five units; the Essentials of Nursing Leadership and Management, Leadership and Management of the Interdisciplinary Team, Leadership and Management of Patient-Centered Care, Quality Improvement of Patient Outcomes, and Leadership and Management of Self and the Future. Through nursing case studies, interviews, critical thinking exercises, NCLEX-style questions, review activities, and web activities, readers will successfully build their confidence in handling a range of common nursing leadership and management situations. The completely revised third edition contains up-to-date coverage of relevant topics such as information technology, quality improvement, safety , informatics, evidence-based practice, patient-centered care, National Safety Goals, and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative.
Table of Contents
ESSENTIALS OF NURSING LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT.
1. Nursing Leadership and Management.
2. The Health Care Environment.
3. Nursing Today.
4. Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Technology.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF THE INTERDISCIPLINARY TEAM.
5. Interdisciplinary Teamwork and Collaboration.
6. Change, Innovation, and Conflict.
7. Power and Politics.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF PATIENT-CENTERED CARE.
8. Delegation of Patient Care.
9. Effective Staffing.
10. Budget Concepts for Patient Care.
11. Strategic Planning and Organizing Patient Care for Quality and Safety .
12. Time Management and Setting Patient Care Priorities.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT OF PATIENT OUTCOMES.
13. Quality Improvement and Evidence-Based Patient Care.
14. Legal Aspects of Health Care.
15. Ethical Aspects of Health Care.
16. Culture, Generational Differences, and Spirituality.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT OF SELF AND THE FUTURE.
17. NCLEX Preparation and Your First Job.
18. Career Planning and Achieving Balance.