FLORICULTURE: DESIGNING AND MERCHANDISING, 3E is the ideal introduction to the floral design industry. Written in a concise, easy-to-follow manner, FLORICULTURE: DESIGNING AND MERCHANDISING, 3E includes step-by-step instructions, complete with illustrations and material lists for dozens of projects. Projects in this book are built around low-cost materials and include suggestions on how to incorporate native materials to further reduce costs.
1. Exploring Careers in the Retail Flower Business.
2. The History of Floral Design.
3. Principles of Design.
4. Selection of Cut Flowers and Greens.
5. Conditioning and Storing Cut flowers and Greens.
6. Mechanics and Supplies Used in Floral Design.
7. Selecting Wire and Wiring Flowers.
8. Selecting Ribbons and Tying Bows.
9. Boutonnieres and Corsages.
10. Bud Vases.
11. Circular Arrangements.
12. Triangular Arrangements.
13. Line Arrangements.
14. Constructing Wreaths.
15. Holiday Arrangements.
16. Wedding Flowers.
17. Sympathy Flowers.
18. Drying Flowers.
19. Arranging Permanent Flowers.
20. Selecting Indoor Plants.
21. Decorating Potted Plants.
22. Pricing Strategies.
23. Selling in the Flower Shop.
26. Professional Organizations.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor’s Manual contains the answers to the end of chapter questions.
This resource provides the Instructor’s Manual and a computerized testbank. The Instructor’s Manual contains the answers to the end of chapter questions. The testbank consists of multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short answer/discussion style questions.