Create a step-by-step plan for family therapy with THE PRACTICE OF FAMILY THERAPY! This practice-based counseling text provides a framework for how to move through different stages of the therapeutic process drawing upon the strengths of different approaches. Numerous practical suggestions and strategies allow you to practice and implement the skills presented in the text.
Part I: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE: FAMILY THERAPY AS A MOVEMENT ACROSS TIME.
1. Family Therapy: Journey through Diversity and Integration.
2. The Journey Continues: Second-Generation Trends in Family Therapy.
3. Integration of Theory: Common Themes.
4. Integration of Practice: Common Themes.
Part II: ORGANIZING TREATMENT: AN OVERVIEW OF SEQUENCES AND TASKS.
5. Starting off on the Right Foot: Referral and Intake.
6. The Initial Interview: A Template for General Tasks in Family Therapy.
7. Relational Assessments: Exploring Client Experience.
8. Beginning and Maintaining Relational Change.
Part III: THE FUTURE OF FAMILY THERAPY: EVALUATIONS, RESEARCH AND COLLABORATION.
9. Evaluations and Research in Family Therapy.
10. Family Therapy Collaborations.
"This is a "must have" text for students new to the field. It does a great job of outlining tasks that must be completed during the treatment process. Samples of theoretical orientations, goals and the role of the therapist within each model give a strong overview of the field in a very brief format. Case examples make this text shine in the application of the theory."— Donna Smith-Burgess, Loma Linda University
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Available electronically via e-mail, this manual contains questions and chapter objectives for each chapter and suggested exercises to help students master the material.