In this practical book, readers “watch” experienced and effective psychologists, counselors, and other human service professionals practice consultation and collaboration. By reading and responding to eight cases, they will be able to bridge the gap between theory and practice, and between knowing what consultation is and knowing how to consult. Readers also get practice in making their own decisions by reflecting on how they would handle these same cases, and can apply what they have learned to a series of ten practice cases. By the time they finish the book, users will have begun to forge their own personalized approach to consultation.
Part I: THE BASICS OF CONSULTATION AND COLLABORATION.
1. Foundations of Consultation and Collaboration, by A. Michael Dougherty.
Part II: CASE CONSULTATION.
2. Problem-Solving (Behavioral) Consultation: School-Based Applications, by Margaret R. Altschaefl.
3. Mental Health Case Consultation, by Frances E. Tack and Deana F. Morrow.
4. Adlerian Case Consultation with a Teacher, by Terry Kottman with A. Michael Dougherty.
Part III: ORGANIZATIONAL AND GROUP CONSULTATION.
5. Education/Training Consultation with School Personnel, by Phyllis Robertson, Mary D. Deck, and Glenda E. Isenhour.
6. Systems Consultation and Collaboration: Working with a Metropolitan Police Department to Implement a New Program for Crisis Intervention with the Mentally Ill, by Richard K. James and Walter Crews.
7. Process Consultation in a Workplace Setting, by John J. Sherlock and Kirk Smith.
Part IV: COLLABORATION.
8. School-Wide Consultation to Implement a Positive Behavioral Interventions Support Program, by Russell Curtis and Jill W. Van Horne.
Part V. CONCLUSIONS AND PRACTICE CASES.
9. Implications for Effective Practice, by A. Michael Dougherty.
10. Cases for Further Practice, by A. Michael Dougherty.
Case 1: A School-Based Consultant Assists a Teacher.
Case 2: A School-Based Consultant Works with Parents.
Case 3: A Consultant Aids a Therapist at a Community Mental Health Center.
Case 4: A Member of a University Counseling Center Consults with a University's Director of Student Affairs.
Case 5: A Human Services Consultant Provides Services to Midlevel Manager in an Industrial Setting.
Case 6: A Member of a University Counseling Center Collaborates with a Faculty Member Who Sponsors a Sorority.
Case 7: An Employee Assistance Program Coordinator Collaborates with a Vice President of a Telephone Company.
Case 8: A Collaboration Team Attempts to Help an Aggressive Student.
Case 9: A School Psychologist Consults to Implement a Positive Behavior Support Program.
Case 10: A School-Based Team Collaborates to Implement a Response to Intervention (RTI) Program.
To customize your learning solution, contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1285098560 | ISBN-13: 9781285098562
List Price = $248.95 | CengageBrain Price = $248.95
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1285720539 | ISBN-13: 9781285720531
List Price = $288.95 | CengageBrain Price = $288.95