Succeed in the business world and this course with STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION! Easy to read and concise, this text includes numerous exercises so you can test your understanding of key concepts and principles. Critical Thinking and Responsible Communication boxes are just a few of the tools integrated throughout the text to will help you master the material and succeed in the business communications course.
1. What is Strategic Communication?
PART I: THE STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION PROCESS.
2. Foundations of Communication.
3. Step One: Identify the Purposes of Communication.
4. Step Two: Analyze the Audience.
5. Steps Three and Four: Consider the Context and Select a Channel of Communication.
PART II: COMMUNICATION TACTICS FOR DIFFERING CHANNELS AND CONTEXTS.
6. Communicating in Writing.
7. Communicating in Oral Presentations and Managing Meetings.
8. Preparing Employment Messages.
9. Communicating with Employees.
10. Communicating in and Leading Teams.
11. Strategic Organizational Communication.
Appendix A: Model Documents.
Appendix B: Common Writing Errors: Punctuation,
Sentence Structure and Usage.