Prepare for success in international finance with this best-selling book's effective presentation of in-depth theory and practical applications. INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, 11E builds on the fundamental principles of corporate finance to provide the timely information and contemporary insights needed to prosper in today's global business environment. This book discusses a wide range of managerial topics using a strong corporate perspective. This edition highlights financial reform and its impact on the international finance today. An emphasis on the most recent financial changes and industry trends further prepares readers to understand and effectively manage within the dynamic field of international finance.
Part I: THE INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL ENVIRONMENT.
1. Multinational Financial Management: An Overview.
2. International Flow of Funds.
3. International Financial Markets.
4. Exchange Rate Determination.
5. Currency Derivatives.
Part II: EXCHANGE RATE BEHAVIOR.
6. Government Influence on Exchange Rates.
7. International Arbitrage and Interest Rate Parity.
8. Relationships among Inflation, Interest Rates, and Exchange Rates.
Part III: EXCHANGE RATE RISK MANAGEMENT.
9. Forecasting Exchange Rates.
10. Measuring Exposure to Exchange Rate Fluctuations.
11. Managing Transaction Exposure.
12. Managing Economic Exposure and Translation Exposure.
Part IV: LONG-TERM ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
13. Direct Foreign Investment.
14. Multinational Capital Budgeting.
15. International Corporate Governance and Control.
16. Country Risk Analysis.
17. Multinational Cost of Capital and Capital Structure.
18. Long-Term Debt Financing (new chapter name).
Part V: SHORT-TERM ASSET AND LIABILITY MANAGEMENT.
19. Financing International Trade.
20. Short-Term Financing.
21. International Cash Management.
Appendix A: Answers to Self-Test Questions.
Appendix B: Supplemental Cases.
Appendix C: Using Excel to Conduct Analysis.
Appendix D: International Investing Project.
Appendix E: Discussion in the Boardroom.
Direct Exchange Rates over Time (inside front and back covers).
"This text is concise and well written [in] covering the latest methods of ... financial management for multinational corporations doing business in highly integrated business environment. …"— Duc Ngo, The University of Texas at El Pas
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find the time-saving resources you need all at your fingertips and all updated to reflect this edition’s changes. The Instructor’s Manual provides chapter outlines, summary of key concepts for discussion, and answers to Point-Counterpoint and end-of-chapter Questions and Problems. The Test Bank in Microsoft® Word contains multiple-choice and true/false questions and is also available in ExamView® format. PowerPoint® slides clarify content and guide student note-taking. An additional separate set of slides reinforces exhibits. Access and download all instructor resources from the text companion site [except the ExamView® Test Bank which is available on the IRCD only].